The hour was Midnight. Sitting on the edge of my workspace in the first heat wave of the summer. I eagerly watched the countdown for the Bethesda’s E3 2017 conference. the screen was filled with familiar icons of the bread and butter that are their main titles for the Bethesda franchise. As well as a few avatars I did not recognize. Soon enough the countdown dial hit zero and I was treated to a charming intro video.
We see the kids from the various people and teams that make these games possible, being asked what they thought their parents did for a living. In a plethora of cutesy and positively adorable answers (that only kids can give) we are then cut between such cuteness by their parents giving their titles and brief job descriptions. It gave a sense of real life perspective of what the game creators and developers go through to give us such endearing and beloved games. And then, the big reveal… Bethesda Land! In all its glory! Clear cut and color coated much to the happiness and excitement of many. Fans got a precise idea of what games and titles Bethesda has worked on and had in the wood works: and this is where the real conference begins.
We have a first look of sorts into Bethesda’s VR titles, DOOM and Fallout Shelter. To be honest, they couldn’t have picked better titles to segue into the VR world with than the fast-paced, beat ‘em up gore that is the Doom Guy. You now have the chance to get up and personal with the demons of hell as you can personally dish out some righteous and ,visceral violence. In the event you want to cool off from your hellish campaign, you can switch over to Fallout Shelter for some open world cool down where killing the radiated monsters are optional (no one will think less of you if you run away).
- Morrowind is now included into the Elder Scrolls Online Universe, just in time for the Morrowind 15th anniversary of when the game was first made.
- For those of you that have the PS4 and/or XBOX: ONE, both Skyrim and Fallout 4 Creation Club are now available. Taking customization to a whole new level, you can now download any new creations to these games where the option is available. Form bows and swords to the mud-crabs that are freaking everywhere. Whatever you create will appear in-game as you made it, making your already diverse world even more colorful.
- Skyrim: Legends the card game has received some added bonuses of multiplayer matches and more loot for each game you win, added bonus the game is now available for Android and IOS. Ready to play by next month July 2017.
- As if you couldn’t get enough of Skyrim, now you can literally play Skyrim anywhere with the partnership alongside Nintendo; Skyrim: Elder Scrolls can now be played on the Switch further giving Nintendo’s new system some much-needed diversity.
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Release date: TBA
- The Evil Within 2 Release Date: Friday October 13TH 2017 (I see what you did there)
- Wolfenstein 2: Release date: TBA (supposedly later this year)
- Quake-Con: An Esports World series event where you and your team can train in the ways of Quake for the chance to win 1-million-dollar grand prize. Located in Dallas Texas where the first Quake campaign took place.
All in all, the Bethesda Conference was short, sweet and to the point. Taking advantage of the late slot and limited time to showcase the titles that are coming out soon, and just in time for the holiday season. In due time I am more than certain the updates for your favorite games and titles will arrive soon. I for one can’t wait to see what’s next in Bethesda Land.
For more information or to view the Live stream in post follow the link below.